Ruud Haket (above), who led Abellio’s successful bid for the Greater Anglia franchise, heads a new team as managing director. The team includes:
• Andrew Goodrum, Customer Services Director
• Adam Golton, Finance Director
• Thijs Jan Noomen, Projects Director
• John Ratcliffe, Engineering Director
• Nanouke van ‘t Riet, Operations Director
• Andrew Camp, Commercial Director
• Simone Bailey, Asset Management Director
• Dave Welham, Interim HR Director.
Says Mr Haket, ‘We are all committed to delivering the proposals made within the bid and listening to the requirements of our customers, stakeholders and employees many of whom I have met during recent roadshows across the region. Although a short franchise – 2 ½ years – Greater Anglia will deliver improvements in customer service, station condition and operational performance.’
The changeover came on 5th February 2012. The Greater Anglia franchise, which includes Stansted Express, is Abellio’s first solo rail operation in the UK. It runs Merseyrail, and Northern Rail in a 50:50 joint venture with Serco.