The Rail Safety and Standards Board (RSSB) has signed contracts with two firms to improve its Railway Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme (RISQS) and identify ways it could promote the UK’s rail expertise post-Brexit.
As part of the evolution of RISQS, two contracts rather than one concession have been granted for Britain’s railway’s supplier pre-qualification scheme.
The previous RISQS service provider was Achilles Information but from May 2018 Altius VA will provide IT, verification and management services, and Capita will deliver audit services.
The RSSB said that the new contractors will improve the scheme by:
- Introducing a new easy to use platform with more functionality to replace the current IT system
- Improving cost effectiveness to make RISQS fairer, more transparent and provide better value for money
- Working with the Rail Supply Group, the Rail Delivery Group and other key industry bodies to identify ways RISQS could be a platform to promote UK rail expertise post-Brexit
- Introducing the ability to access data in the scheme for industry learning
- Providing the ability to integrate with buyer systems
- Responding more quickly to changes in industry requirements.
RISQS is used by Network Rail, London Underground and more than 100 other buyers with more than 4,000 supplier members throughout Britain’s rail industry.