Anyone who dealt with Carillion in the run up to its collapse has been asked to assist with the Official Receiver’s investigations.
Carillion, which was one of Network Rail’s main framework contractors, entered liquidation in January after its lenders and the government failed to reach a deal to save it.
The Official Receiver is responsible for investigating the cause of insolvency – including any business dealings and affairs, as well as reporting on the conduct of a business’ directors – and is asking those who dealt with Carillion to take part in a 30-question survey in support of statutory investigations.
According to new figures released in April, 10,960 jobs at Carillion have been saved but 2,162 people have been made redundant to date. Just under 4,000 employees have been retained to enable Carillion to deliver the remaining services it is providing until decisions are taken to transfer or cease these contracts.
Those who did business with Carillion and are able to assist have until May 9, 2018, to submit evidence.
The Official Receiver said that it welcomes all submissions, which will be treated in confidence.
Releasing an update on the situation on April 16, a spokesperson for the Official Receiver said: “A further 835 jobs have been saved with employees transferring to new suppliers who have picked up contracts that Carillion had been delivering. Close to 11,000 employees have now been found secure ongoing employment.
“Regretably 337 employees whose positions are no longer required as Carillion’s business transfers to new suppliers will leave the business later this week. Jobcentre Plus’ Rapid Response Service will provide them with every support to find new work.
“I continue to talk with potential purchasers for Carillion’s remaining contracts and will keep staff, elected employee representatives and unions to keep them informed as these arrangements are confirmed.”